Sunday, September 12, 2010

In Denial

I am leaving in a matter of days-- DAYS, not weeks or months-- to go on my trip to Australia.

Allegedly.

It has seemed to sneak up on me so fast that I can't really wrap my mind around the fact that the trip is so close!

I've decided this blog is the vehicle I'm going to use to put up my pictures and stories from the trip. I want to do it as often as I can, but since it will be such a relatively short trip, it may end up being just a few ridiculously long updates only once in a while. But just know that I'm intending on regular ones.

Anyway, I'm trying to get all my finances squared away so I'll know exactly how much I'll be able to spend to keep myself from crippling my car fund (I am hoping to get my car shortly after I get home in October). Speaking of, I went to my bank yesterday and my banker gave me LOTS of good car-buying tips. Some of which I doubt she was technically supposed to tell me because they involved possibly taking my loan-business to a different company. I was so blessed by what she was telling me, because the way she laid it out and told me step by step what I needed to accomplish and look into gave me an extra confidence boost that I can really do this all by myself. Yes, it will cost money. I'm realistic. But its nothing unattainable.

So pumped!

Back to the trip. Here's a list of things I'd like to do while I'm there, so cross your fingers for me!:
--Go bush camping in the Outback. (Sam lives there, and this was his idea. I haven't heard much more about it since it was first brought to the table, but nevertheless I hope it works out!)
--Go on the sunset camel ride that overlooks the mountain range there. Yes, I know it sounds awfully tourist-y. But I will, in fact, be a tourist. And I've wanted to ride a camel ever since "Aladdin". So deal.
--Hot air balloon ride. I spoke with Sam's wife, Kellianne, and she's excited to go with me on this! She said she's done it before, but would love to do it again! I'll be able to mark this one off my bucket list! hehe
--General traipsing around the desert.
--See wild herds of kangaroos!
--Not get eaten by Jaws when we go to the beach for the last stretch of the trip.
--Get proposed to by an incredibly gorgeous, incredibly ripped Australian surfer-man (accent included) with a heart of gold. I don't think this is unrealistic, do you?? ;)
--Take LOTS of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment