Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Smiling

Well. It happened. I got sick.

Dangit.

And I missed my sister's engagement dinner.

Cuss.

But all is better now! There were no hurt feelings that I did not attend the dinner and infect everyone (truthfully, she TOLD me not to come ;) ). And, as of Monday, everyone's back to 100 percent, and back about their business. For Buddy and Brother, that meant a ridiculously funny, unintentional reenactment of the Youtube video "Charlie Bit My Finger" (minus the cute British accents). For Sister, that meant the return of her dogged determination to master walking. And to be fair, Brother is getting A LOT better at it too!

Here's just a few things I've smiled over throughout the past few days:

- Backstory: Buddy enjoys making games out of eating his food, not unlike most other children his age. However, his favorite eating game (other than racing) is pretending like his food is me (or whatever adult).... and eating me. While giggling mischieviously. Lovely.
Buddy: Haha, Devyn! I'm eating you!!!
Me: What?? That's not even right, dude.
Buddy: Here are your eyes! I'm eating them right now!!
Me: If you eat my eyes, how can I watch you do your cool tricks with your racecars?
Buddy stopped mid-chew. Thought about it. Thought some more. Then responded in a "duh" tone, "Uh... you watch me with your belly button instead. Why didn't you know that?"

My bad, little man. Biology was never my strong suit in school.

-I made breakfast burritos this morning. Served them to the babies with the egg mixture and warm tortilla separate. Brother (who has recently developed a love of putting clothing, blankets, and towels over his head and leaving them there) dug right into his food. I stepped over to the sink for one reason or another, and when I looked back up, Sister had thrown her seemingly useless (to her, anyway) tortilla across the room. The kid's got an arm. But Brother had gone the fashion route, and plopped his right on top of his head, beret-style, and went straight back to eating.

Paris and Milan aren't even ready for this kid.

-Buddy and I were playing some variation of a shooting game (I never really know the plotline, I'm just along for the ride), and were going back and forth from shooting bad guys, to monsters, to each other. Suddenly he yelled "I got you! You're dead! Fall over now!" So I, being the obedient type, collapsed onto the floor. The babies squealed with excitement and dogpiled me. A few seconds later, I tried to sit up, and he immediately directed me back down. "How long am I dead for, Buddy?" I asked.
"Ummm... All day." He decided.
"All day, huh? So you're gonna be in charge?"
"Yep."
"And protect Brother and Sister all day long?"
"Uh-huh."
"And make alllllll the food?"
"Yep."
"And clean up all the messes and change Brother and Sister's stinky diapers?"
Silence.
"BE ALIVE, DEVYN!! BE ALIVE!!"

That's what I thought. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment