Tuesday, August 14, 2012

An ACTUAL Post?!

I wonder if it's possible to put into words just how nuts this week is shaping up to be?

But first, let's start with how awesome this past weekend was! On Friday, I got my storage unit all set up and rented and ready for ALL THE BOXES coming that way after this weekend's move. That part was not fun. That part was moderately pricey. Next, I went home and began "The Great Purge-n-Pack of 2012". That part was also not fun. But moving on...

Saturday was when it started turning around. I picked up my good friend Amy from Love Field for her weekend trip to Dallas. (A 7 a.m. flight. Because she's a masochist. And probably secretly hates me.) But Saturday was filled with getting our nails did, errands, breakfast at Cracker Barrel, Raising Cane's sweet  tea, catching up, and then BABE'S FOR DINNER!

I think Amy wet herself from excitement.

Or wait, that was me.

Needless to say, we ate way too much (a Babe's must), gathered up our leftovers, and waddled ourselves out the door, where we went home and lapsed into lengthy and satisfying food comas.

The next morning, we relaxed for a while before leaving for THE RANGERS GAME. Where WE WON. And where WE WATCHED HAMILTON HIT ANOTHER HOME RUN. And where WE ALMOST DIED FROM SITTING IN DIRECT SUN FOR FOUR HOURS IN 104 DEGREE WEATHER.

 

But the heat was manageable with sun block and tons of water. And we were sitting next to two of the funniest, drunkest guys in the ballpark. So that helped. These guys were so carefree and uninhibited that the boys and Amy and I all made it up onto the screen over the field. I mean, the cameraman had no choice in the matter: One guy was in a sombrero unable to stand up straight, the other was booty dancing, and then there was Amy and I, attempting to dance but really just laughing our asses off at the boys.

Good weekends make the world go 'round.

Left on the agenda (besides work) this week is:

Tuesday- pack, and Dad will come disassemble my bed for the movers so they don't break it, because it is old and held together with spit and duct tape by this point.
Wednesday- pack. Although I really wanted to make it to my home group since we just reconvened after summer break...
Thursday- pack. Because I probably gave myself too many breaks over the last few days which means I'm likely not even close to finished.
Friday- pack. To the tune of "flight of the bumblebee". At this point, my stuff will likely be just thrown into boxes at will, with no regard toward purging, organizing, or bubble wrap.
Saturday morning- the movers come. And then shit really hits the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment