Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 1

Well good grief. NOW what have I gotten myself into?? A blog? Is this a joke?

Since it appears to be "for real" now after considering it for so long, I guess I'll just jump on in with both feet.

If you don't know me (and I'm assuming you do, if you're bothering to read this at all), I'll fill you in a bit on my circumstances:

-I am a recent college grad, about to take quite a few big steps in the next few months, including buying a car for the first time, paying for said car, getting my first place, PAYING for said first place, (notice a cash-draining trend here?), moving to a new town, and all the little ups and downs and what-the-crap's that go along with it.. Its gonna be scary. And I'll likely freak out a time or two between now and then. But what's life without a glass of wine or ten?

-Yes, I am a nanny. And yes, I adore what I'm doing right now. The kids are adorable and very fun, and the parents have been disarmingly great! To clear up any questions right now, I'm going to go ahead and say that for internet safety reasons (and because they are not my own kids) I will not be posting their names or pictures showing their faces. I'll figure out pseudo-names for them later, and refer to them in that way. BUT. I will tell you that they are pretty stinkin' cute. And their ages are 4 years old (a boy), and boy/girl 11 month old twins.

-I've started this blog as a way primarily to keep track of myself. And the crazy things that seem to come along with the profession I've fallen into for the next bit of my life. And the small, undesirable things that I am forever pulling out of the twins' mouths (just this morning, it was a caterpillar, guys, and it was still alive). And the number of times I'm going to think to myself that looking after little ones should fall under the category of "full-contact occupation"... right alongside, ya know, football, lacrosse, the navy seals, and rodeo.

So. That was a fun first post. Actually it wasn't. But I had to get those things out of the way so I could start "for real" later tonight. Or tomorrow during my break (again). Or whenever I find I have something semi-memorable I'd like to share. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment